Rigs of Rods is an open source vehicle simulator based on soft-body physicsRigs of Rods is an open source vehicle simulator licensed under the GNU General Public License version 3. What makes Rigs of Rods different to most simulators is its unique soft-body physics: vehicles, machines, objects, etc. are simulated in real-time as flexible soft-body objects, giving the simulation an extremely accurate behavior which entirely depends on the physical construction of the vehicles or objects you create. The community contributes greatly to the game, giving it a vast selection of vehicles and terrains from which you can choose.
- Soft-body physics. Objects according to their weight distribution, construction and/or suspension (in case of vehicles).
- Advanced flight model based on blade element theory. It allows the accurate simulation of any airplane, based entirely on its physical dimensions and wing airfoils, similar to X-Plane.
- Accurate buoyancy model based on elemental pressure gradients, enabling boats with complex hulls to move realistically through waves.
- Supports scripting using AngelScript.
- Force feedback joysticks and wheels (not on Linux yet).
- Based on Ogre3D Graphics Engine.
- 3D sound effects thanks to OpenAL Soft
See for yourselfSearch for "rigs of rods" on YouTube
Recommended System Specification
- OS: Windows, Linux or OS X
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo or equivalent AMD
- RAM: 2048 MB
- Video Card: Geforce 8600GT or AMD Radeon 3650 or Intel HD Graphics 3000
- Free Game Alliance: Free Game Alliance is a group of open source games, one for each genre in constant evolution
- download-free-games.com: Free Games website
- portalprogramas.com: Spanish Games website
- brothersoft.com: Free softwares and sharewares
- gamershell.com: Games website
- softpedia.com: Games website
- softonic.com.br: Brazilian Games website
- winportal.com: Games website
- chip.de: German Magazine
About Rigs of Rods
Rigs of Rods is a unique soft body physics simulator.